Yamaha E433: How do I play the samples from the Patterns?

Reaction score
I loved the samples that get autoplayed when I choose the Industrial Rock pattern. How do I figure out what samples those are so I can manually choose them & manually play them? Is there a way to do it without manually trying every sample until I find the right ones? Thanks!

Reaction score
hazelnut

I am not certain what you mean by "sample", but I assume you mean the various keyboard "tones" that are sounded when a pattern plays. There is no way to determine which specific tones those are directly from the keyboard, itself, since it has only a simple song recorder rather than an actual sequencer that would allow track inspection and editing. So, you would need to record a brief "song" using the desired pattern (See Page 29 of the Owners Manual.), save it to a USB flash drive as a Standard MIDI File (SMF) (See Page 52.), and port that to a PC based DAW or sequencer software so that you can inspect the various tracks to see what MSB/LSB bank and program-change codes are being sent to select the various tones and then compare those to the E-433 Tone List to determine the exact tones - obviously not an easy process.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the very detailed reply! Can you recommend any inexpensive PC or Mac software that would do the job?

Reaction score
For what you are trying to do, I would recommend Anvil Studio. For a freeware download, it has the most detailed and informative MIDI Event List Viewer I have ever seen in a software sequencer. You can download it from:

http://anvilstudio.com/

I am usually reluctant to recommend products and/or processes unless I have some assurance that there is a chance for them to work as I assumed, so I took a stab at Section A of the PSR-E433's IndustRk pattern using Anvil Studio. Here is how it breaks out, so you can see if this is what you are after:

Track 1: Voice #222 - Bass Drum Kit - - - E-433 Data List Page 13
Note #26 (D0) - BD FX Gate
Note #44 (G#1) - BD Analog Deep

Track 2: Voice #214 - T9 (TR-909) Drum Kit - - - E-433 Data List Page 11
Note #33 (A0) - Snare Distortion
Note #34 (A#0) - Kick TekPower

Track 3: Voice #223 - Reverse Bass Drum Kit - - - E-433 Data List Page 13
Note #51 (D#2) - Reverse BD Synth 2

Track 4: Voice #183 - RS Noise Pad - - - E-433 Data List Page 4
Note #48 (C2)

Track 5: Voice #159 - RS Tech Saw - - - E-433 Data List Page 4
Notes - Various