Yamaha electronic keyboard powers on but no output sound

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm new here... I have a yamaha psr E333 keyboard, it powers on with clear display but no sound at all, speakers tested & are in good condition i donno what's causing the no sound of a thing.... please i need your suggestions to solve the problem

Reaction score
Welcome.

There are three prime possibilities.

If headphones have been used the adaptor could have been left plugged in thus cutting off the speakers
Delve into the menu system to check if the speakers are turned off, look in the manual to find specifically where in the menu system this is located.
If you have not tried a Factory Reset then with the 333 turned off press and hold down the furthest right key on the keybed, then power up your 333.

We have had a members with exactly the same problem and one of these three actions generally have cleared the fault.

If these do not clear the fault well Christmas is approaching and now may be the time to drop not so subtle hints that cash would be vey useful to help you to buy a new Yamaha SX model or even move up to a Korg PA series.

Good luck and do let us know what happens.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Note, there is no option to turn the speakers off, but the three keyboard parts (Main Voice, Dual Voice, and Split Voice) should each have volume settings in the Function menu (M.Volume, D.Volume, and S.Volume).

Selecting a new voice should set all of the voice parameter functions to their default values for the new voice, so it's unlikely that those three volume settings are the culprits, but you can check them.

On the other hand, there are similar volume functions for the style volume and song volume, and once you set them they will maintain their settings until you change them again, so if you ever notice that the style doesn't seem to want to play then you should check the StyleVol function setting.

My feeling is that a headphones adapter is probably the most likely culprit. Keyboards usually have the larger 1/4" audio jacks for connecting a pair of headphones, whereas headphones these days often have a smaller 1/8" plug so they'll fit the smaller 1/8" jacks which are found on computers and many stereos or other audio devices. That means if you're using headphones with a smaller plug then you'll need a 1/8"-to-1/4" stereo adapter, which looks like a plug without a cable attached. The adapter goes into the keyboard's headphones jack, then the headphones go into the adapter. It's easy to unplug the headphones and leave the adapter in the keyboard, but that will cut off the sound to the speakers, so make sure you always unplug the adapter if you aren't using the headphones.

Reaction score
I have the very same issue. I have got the same model of the keyboard. I did not play it for a long time. Display still works, but there is no sound from speakers neither from headphones.
What was the solution, please?

Reaction score
I have the very same issue. I have got the same model of the keyboard. I did not play it for a long time. Display still works, but there is no sound from speakers neither from headphones.
What was the solution, please?
Have you tried the actions in the previous replies?

Ask a Question