YAMAHA EZ-300 ARPEGGIO STYLE TRANSFER

Reaction score
There are a lot of videos on YT about loading Styles into the EZ-300 and registering them. What I would like to be able to do is after loading an Arpeggio Voice and Style on the EZ-300 and saving it to a Registration Memory, I would like to know if there is a way to copy that Reg or Sty file to a USB stick or direct to my computer so I can get either of the files onto a USB stick to be able to load them into my DGX670?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't think there's a built-in functionality on the EZ-300 for exporting styles. I think the best that you could do would be to record a user song using a given style, then transmit the MIDI data to a computer as the song is being played back so it can be recorded, then use a "MIDI-to-style" type of program to assemble a style file from the recorded MIDI data. That's all a rather involved process which could be difficult to master.

Some Yamaha keyboards have a "style assembly" feature which can be used to export styles, and others have a "save SMF" feature that lets you export a User Song recording to a Standard MIDI File (SMF), but I don't think the EZ-300 has either of those features.

Reaction score
Try looking at Jorgen Sorenson’s (do check my spelling) website as he produces a lot of Yamaha related software, maybe there you will find a suitable Utility.

Ask a Question