Yamaha EZ-300 Delivered & Loving it!

Reaction score
I must say this Yamaha EZ300 really bursts with music! Compared to the Casiotone LK-S250 (and probably S450), this EZ300 is better designed.

Casiotone has tried to simplify their dashboard in order to try to make it less challenging to beginning musicians... we get that.
Less controls however means having to work just a little harder to set and up things as you want it; and not being able to save your settings after
the hard work needed to configure it all is just ridiculous; S250 only allows for a SINGLE user preference slot!

Yamaha EZ300 has a very bright crisp display! Music just bursts out of the large top-mounted speakers!
Harpsichord sounds better. Far easier to select Voice, Songs, and every thing else.
And that wonderful Analog ROTARY volume control knob! Just loving all of it!

Owning this means really getting serious about actually learning digital piano enough to memorize a few songs by Christmas!

Hope you guys can help as time progresses. So much learn. So many questions now... ;) First step is learning the EZ300 features!

And to think Amazon Prime delivered on a Holiday! Another bonus. :)

Reaction score
Chordana app works perfectly with this! Just use a "printer USB" cable with an OTG-USB-C adapter and it automatically connects!

Been playing MIDIs all night... even managed to find a 1/8 to 1/4 headphone stereo plug adapter!

When using the PC-to-USB method, MIDIs are directly copied into EZ300's flash memory...
when using Chordana app on my Samsung Android tablet, it plays the MIDI directly from the tablet stream!
Unfortunately, Chordana or Yamaha does not display the internal name/information contained inside the MIDI.

So far very happy with this EZ-300, it is light weight, but larger than a Casiotone S250/S450 series.

Still waiting on some books/materials to arrive, then hopefully we can dive into lessons.

Since I am delighted with this thus far, I will be definitely looking into getting the FC-4 Pedal.

Does anyone know if the EZ-300 could handle a 3-pedal... and does Yamaha even sell such a thing for this class
keyboard? Please let me know.

Ask a Question