Yamaha keyboard e353 making no sound

Reaction score
All of sudden my e353 making no sound.
Keyboard was working fine till just before, I was taking notes in my book which I placed on keyboard, I'm not sure whether few controls/keys were pressed while taking notes, but suddenly there is no sound from the keyborad.

tried the below:
I have checked, function->local ON/OFF, no result.
restarted the factory settings, no result

Any help?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all, if it's powering up and able to reset to factory settings that eliminates power supply problems.

Check with headphones and check if there's a headphone adapter plug stuck in the socket.

That would cause this problem.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The Function Local on/off does not refer to the speakers it is a MIDI control.

If the factory reset Gary suggests does not work then go further into the Function memory and you will find the Speakers on/off control.

Reaction score
Could be it is on the cusp of total board failure or it could be as simple as a connector inside the keyboard is becoming loose.

If you are handy with a screwdriver you could open it up and remake the connectors.

If you are not handy with a screwdriver then it could betime to start saving for a brand new SX?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's probably an intermittent open or shorted circuit somewhere.

Try turning it upside down and shaking it while playing a note or pattern and see if it cuts in and out.

It might be an easy fix, but it's not worth sending to a tech.

If you know anyone who's handy with a screwdriver and a soldering iron ask them if they can take a look at it.

Sending it to a tech would cost you $100 - $200 and frankly the keyboard just ain't worth that much.

If there's a community college near you take it to their Electronics Faculty and maybe they'd fix it for you cheap at the risk of it never working again.

Or you could look up your local Ham Radio Club.

Either way it sounds like you have nothing to lose at this point.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I tried opening the keyboard and check, I didn't find any faulty or loose connection, seems I need to take it to local service station.
Thanks gary.

Ask a Question