Yamaha Let Me Down

Reaction score
EVER SINCE I WON THE Yamaha Pops Festival in 1977, I have been a huge Yamaha fan. My PSR 550 does everything I want. Now the rhythm plays in a different key than the keyboard. I want to ship it to the Yamaha store in Costa Rica to have it gone over like new---or buy a new model similar. When I search the net for the Yamaha store in Costa Rica, I can only get motorcycles---so I contacted Yamaha on their website. IN TWO WEEKS THEY HAVE FAILED TO RESPOND. I guess I will have to learn to play something other than a Yamaha. Any comments/suggestions welcome.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Kurzweil is a popular brand in Latin America. Perhaps take a look at the Kurzweil arrangers available in Costa Rica.

Also Korg has a solid world wide presence. Perhaps look a the Korg PA series as well.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
>>>
Now the rhythm plays in a different key than the keyboard.
<<<

The first thing I'd try:

. . . Do a "factory reset".

That sounds like a problem of mis-setting something (like a transposition, or a "base note") inside the DP's software. If you're lucky, a "factory reset" (which will bring the DP back to its "factory default" state) will fix the problem.

It will also lose whatever customization you've done -- "performances", "stage settings", etc will all be lost. But it should play in one key.

. Charles

Reaction score
Kurzweil is a popular brand in Latin America. Perhaps take a look at the Kurzweil arrangers available in Costa Rica.

Also Korg has a solid world wide presence. Perhaps look a the Korg PA series as well.

Gary ;)
Thank you, Gary. Your help is deeply appreciated. Now to find a music store somewhere around here.

Ask a Question