yamaha mm6

Reaction score
hello

I have a friend who has the synthesizer mm6 Now he wants to connect to your computer and work with the software Cubase now in the shop he bought the synthesizer told him to connect to your computer using USB cable and Cubase will recognize the synthesizer, but he wrote a computer does not recognize, now my question whether he should buy sound card or you can work without a sound card software

Thank helpers

Reaction score
but he install the driver and i want to know how How do I set the synthesizer work together if the Cubase that he could hear what he records through the computer and not through the synthesizer

You sure do not need to purchase a sound card that connects to the computer synthesizer or midi cable?

The Y_man

Reaction score
but he install the driver and i want to know how How do I set the synthesizer work together if the Cubase that he could hear what he records through the computer and not through the synthesizer

You sure do not need to purchase a sound card that connects to the computer synthesizer or midi cable?

If you just want to listen to the computer, why do you need the synth?

In any case should be pretty easy - I haven't used cubase, but the software I use detects a usb input devic (my keyboard). In your examplle, I would then set the output to the onboard soft synth (microsoft windows comes with a general synth which can play back through your standard sound card). You shouldn't need to make any settings at the mm6 side (I could wrong, but in general keyboards send the midi info across the usb as a default)

What's the operating system on the computer?

The Y-man

Reaction score
If you just want to listen to the computer, why do you need the synth?

In any case should be pretty easy - I haven't used cubase, but the software I use detects a usb input devic (my keyboard). In your examplle, I would then set the output to the onboard soft synth (microsoft windows comes with a general synth which can play back through your standard sound card). You shouldn't need to make any settings at the mm6 side (I could wrong, but in general keyboards send the midi info across the usb as a default)

What's the operating system on the computer?

The Y-man
he work with windows 7, he want to record music in cubase and edit her

The Y_man

Reaction score
he work with windows 7, he want to record music in cubase and edit her

Ok - that should be very easy.

In the software I use, you can select if the key stroke input data is coming from the computer itself (i.e. keyboard/mouse) or a USB audio device (this beomes available once the driver software is correctly installed).

You can get him to try the software I use (it is free) to test it out - at least it will let us know if it is a driver/keyboard issue or a cubase setting.

http://anvilstudio.com/

Also - is he able to save/backup keyboard data to his computer?

The Y-man

Reaction score
In Cubase you should go to Devices, Install Midi Device, see if you have MM6 on the list. If not, then choose GM or XG. I think Yahama uses XG sounds...you must read more about your keyboard, as I don't have that keyboard and not sure about the technology used.
And also on the Devices menu you should see your Midi in and Midi out. Choose your Sound Card for Midi Out and your keyboard for Midi In (usb device or something like this).

Reaction score
In Cubase you should go to Devices, Install Midi Device, see if you have MM6 on the list. If not, then choose GM or XG. I think Yahama uses XG sounds...you must read more about your keyboard, as I don't have that keyboard and not sure about the technology used.
And also on the Devices menu you should see your Midi in and Midi out. Choose your Sound Card for Midi Out and your keyboard for Midi In (usb device or something like this).
tell me if i dont have a dongle by cubase How can I get the code of the software to subscribe to the site of Steimberg

Reaction score
How did you or your friend want to use Cubase if you don't have it?
Cubase is too expensive? Use a free DAW, there's plenty of them.

Reaction score
He bought his Hsintiziisr and got the software but must wait to bring him a code, where I can get what you said you had them a lot?

Ask a Question