Yamaha MM6

Reaction score
Someone is selling a Yamaha MM6 on another forum. He is asking $500 obo. It sells for $599 as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know about this keyboard and whether this is a good deal? I'm wondering if it is like the cheaper keyboards (PSR e400) only more "tweakability." It seems to have synth features/functions also.

Reaction score
MM6 is a hybrid keyboard... somewhere between the PSR series (has styles) and the workstation series based on the motif sounds but on a smaller ROM.

I wouldn't recommend it though... If you need an arranger, go for the PSR series, if you're into it a bit more professional go for MO

Reaction score
MM6 is a hybrid keyboard... somewhere between the PSR series (has styles) and the workstation series based on the motif sounds but on a smaller ROM.

I wouldn't recommend it though... If you need an arranger, go for the PSR series, if you're into it a bit more professional go for MO

I don't really need an arranger (I'm a newby, not a pro), just a keyboard that has sweet sounds.

I'm trying to figure out whats' different between this and the PSRs. (it is twice as expensive as the PSr e403 that I was looking at.) I watched a few demos on you-tube. It does a lot of playing along with you. One guy can sound like a whole orchestra. I'm not sure I'm really into that because it is kind of fake...:eek: . The feature I'm interested in is just how good the sound itself is. Like, the quality of the voices and how creatively you can tweak them. Some cheap keyboards, they sound like toys.

I suppose I will have to actually go to this guy's house & play it unless I can find one at the music store. Or, I could just think of my pocketbook & go for the $200 model.

Reaction score
Laura,

Even though you are not a pro(as of yet) and even if you are not striving to be as such,it seems to me that you are taking your hobby seriously,since sound quality is so important to you.

I've been a serious hobbyist for 18 years and what I find to be true more than anything,is that authentic sounds & having the ability to create with them,is what brings the most inspiration.If you're not inspired by the sounds,you can't create.

That being said,you'll need to spend a considerable amount more of money to get the sounds you want.

In accordance with what you want,I can only think of two keyboards that have great sounds & are very easy to use,as far as pro keyboards are concerned.

The Korg TR-61:

Plenty of sounds,multi-sound layering,moderate tweaking capablities,very realistic sounds for the price range and a 16 track midi-recorder to truly sound like an orchestra-without sounding fake.

====OR=====

If you're not really into the recording aspect of it and you really want to go crazy with creating really unique,out-of-this-world sounds and very easily,then the Clavia Nord Lead 2X is for you.

Both keyboards are $999.00 and it's a big investment on your part,but a very worthwhile & rewarding invesment if you want to get serious about creating.
Even though this is way out of your targeted price range,these keyboards are the cheapest & easiest to work with and they are the most reasonably priced keyboards out there that will give you the sound quality you want,(compared to all that is out there in the professional line).

The best advice I can give you,is to puruse Sweetwater.com and take a good look around thier site.
Also,it would be in your best interest to speak with my sales rep: Yuval Fuchs(ext.1367),or speak to anyone in the keyboard dept as the sales staff is the most knowledge people in the business(I have found).

Also,they have an amazing return policy & product support.
If you live outside of Indiana,then you will also have the benefit of no sales tax(out-of-state tax exemption).:D

Cheers,

Elwood

Ask a Question