Yamaha MO6/8?

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Yamaha have discontinued the MO6 and MO8? I've just been looking for prices on the internet and these products seem to have been taken off sale? (u.k market)

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Yamaha have discontinued the MO6 and MO8? I've just been looking for prices on the internet and these products seem to have been taken off sale? (u.k market)

Hi there Doug, I'm fairly certain that the 'MO' series ceased production some while ago.

About 12 months ago they were still available at some retailers, but I reckon that was the last of them.....

I was looking for one of the 'Motif' range myself around that time - and was fortunate enough to get an

almost brand new Motif XS7 off ebay at a bargain price :) !

The 'MM' series is still going, tho' - but I don't know if they're still being manufactured.

Reaction score
Mo6/8

The sale of the MO6/8 have for some reason been discontinued in the UK. You can still purchase them on-line through Germany or USA.

Reaction score
My husband just recently purchased th MO6 for my birthday. I've become pretty attached to it already. So far it seems to have exactly what I need. The only thing I was worried about was it having half the polyphony of the Motif....but...so far, I don't see myself bottoming out.

I am curious to see what they come up with next. I have just one thing more to say......geeze was I born with an expensive talent or what :D

Ask a Question