Yamaha MO8 sequencing?

Reaction score
I'm not sure if "sequencing" is the right word, I'm not familiar with all the lingo.

I'm looking for a keyboard to use in musical theater, that can be programmed with a series of patches. I've used a Korg where I could program 100+ patches in order and use a foot pedal to switch to the next one. Is this something the Yamaha MO8 can do? Looking at the manual and info online is just confusing me. I'm not sure if it's a "pattern" or "master" or what. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
What you're describing is the very basics of every workstation keyboard.

What you want is simply an option to program your own sounds/performances and set them in a specific order.

MO can do that, and it has 2 user banks where you can store your own programs, plus 2 user banks to store user performances (up to 4 programs mixed/layered together).

Now the master mode on yamaha keyboards is something other brands don't have, and is very usefull.

Basically it offers you the ability to store your own programs/performances/patters/whatever in order without having to switch between keyboard modes.

For example... you need a piano for the first song, some massive string/pad/lead performance (combi on Korg keyboards) for the second song, and lets say some hammonds with a pattern you'll trigger on specific parts of the third song.

On any other keyboard you'd have to go to Program/Voice mode for the first song, then switch to Combi/Performance mode for the second song, and finally, go to sequencing mode for the third song...

On Yamaha keyboards, you just store all that into a master mode. That way you can just press the INC button or the pedal to swtich the modes from master mode.

Very simple, and very usefull.

So yea - the MO can do what you need.

P.S. Sequencing is the part where you have up to 16 sounds in a mix, which you use to record your own song. And yes - the MO can do that too :)

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I thought it should, but each manufacturer uses different terms and I don't know what half of them mean anyway, so I couldn't figure it out.

Reaction score
Does the MO8 have the capability

to act as a MIDI controller - Take those patches that are on the computer and access and run the show? Talking Real Music Solutions - Keyboard Patch Solutions.

Anyone know?

John

Ask a Question