Yamaha MODX Screen problems

Reaction score
Hey guys, i've had my MODX8 for a few months and have recently started noticing issues with the touch screen becoming unresponsive. If i replace the LCD assembly might this solve the problem?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually if it's the cheaper resistive type of LCD touch panel just take a kleenex with a few drops of alcohol and clean the screen well, especially paying attention to the edges and corners of the screen. It should pull out the black gunk from your fingertips.

DON'T douse the screen with alcohol directly. Just use a moistened kleenex.

Let me know if this works for ya.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
READ THIS ......................

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Take that as a warning, NOT a negation of the process.

There's a huge difference between a moist but not dripping tissue and just dousing the whole thing.

If you exercise proper caution the procedure WILL work.

And the Roland LCD is NOT a touch screen.

Different rules apply.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Actually if it's the cheaper resistive type of LCD touch panel just take a kleenex with a few drops of alcohol and clean the screen well, especially paying attention to the edges and corners of the screen. It should pull out the black gunk from your fingertips.

DON'T douse the screen with alcohol directly. Just use a moistened kleenex.

Let me know if this works for ya.

Gary ;)
Thanks will try that..I forgot to mention tho, I changed the power supply, same 12V but instead of 1.5amps I used one with 2.5 amps..can that affect the touch screen in any way?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The greater amperage shouldn’t make a difference.

As long as the voltage is correct and the amperage meets minimum requirements you should be good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, i've had my MODX8 for a few months and have recently started noticing issues with the touch screen becoming unresponsive. If i replace the LCD assembly might this solve the problem?
THE PROBLEM WAS NOT THE DISPLAY!!!

I'm going through the same problem. I took it to technical assistance and was informed that the display would need to be replaced. As the budget was very high I decided to take it to an electronics technician I trusted and to my surprise...
Baaaang!
The technician said the problem was 2 capacitors.

Reaction score

I'm going through the same problem. I took it to technical assistance and was informed that the display would need to be replaced. As the budget was very high I decided to take it to an electronics technician I trusted and to my surprise...
Baaaang!
The technician said the problem was 2 capacitors.

Reaction score
I'm having similar problems. While I was playing my modx6, after a few hours, the screen just went blank. Now, when I turn it on, I can see the top bar while the rest of the screen is blank white. Everything else works, its just the screen randomly started glitching while I was playing. I think I need to bring it in for repair.

Ask a Question