Yamaha Motif Rack ES vs. Roland Juno Gi

Reaction score
Hi, all, I need some advice regarding what to use with my M-Audio ProKeys 88sx as a controller.

I currently have the Juno Gi and I have fun with it; but I don't really use the recording feature with it. And a friend of mine is offering to sell me his Motif Rack ES.

I would really prefer to just have one keyboard instead of two, but I'm conflicted in which to choose.

I've done some research on both products and they seem to have basically the same features that I heavily use. However, there's just something that I'm still hesitant to make.

I wanted to get some experienced keyboardists' opinions.

Do you think you help me out?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are you asking if you should sell off the Gi to buy the Motif Rack?

Offhand I'd say it wouldn't really gain you any advantage to do so, would probably end up costing you some money and basically it's nice to have two separate keyboards in your rack when you just want to play two different sounds without having to program a split.

Gary

Reaction score
I'm 100% with Gary. KEEP THEM BOTH! KEEP THEM BOTH! :)

You can never have too many keyboards. Also - Yamahas and Rolands have quite different sonic characteristics. You can pick the eyes out of the best bits of both.

If you think about it, you've already got two keyboards, all you're adding is a rack module to give you a stack of new sounds.

Did I mention KEEP THEM BOTH? ;)

Paul

Ask a Question