Yamaha MOXF6 or MOXF8 - how far did you get with it.

Reaction score
This keyboard has been great for me but I feel like I've only scratched the surface. I've got 2 dvds to get some more info. Right now I can get into song mode, lay down tracks, and copy, insert, adjust settings for each track and create a song, but I know there is so much more. Just curious if you have either one of these keyboards, how they have served you and how far you have dug in. Could be neither here nor there, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Reaction score
I just recently ended up with both MOXF8 and a MOXF6 and I have not begun to delve into the operations to any depth. I've had other Yamaha's and in general it operates similar to them, but seems much deeper in programing. I'm still playing around with the performances, and enjoying it. Don aka B3

Reaction score
I just recently ended up with both MOXF8 and a MOXF6 and I have not begun to delve into the operations to any depth. I've had other Yamaha's and in general it operates similar to them, but seems much deeper in programing. I'm still playing around with the performances, and enjoying it. Don aka B3
Thanks for the feedback. I think you can do a lot without the steep learning curve it takes to do a lot more. I don't play out but just enjoy putting songs together, also with guitar and play my electric drums. I think these DVDs will do a lot to help. The last time I was in a band was playing drums 5 years ago, but things fell apart with the circumstances. Still enjoy just playing, finding a drum circle might get me involved again.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Do either of you have an iPad? Yamaha has several iPad apps for the MOXF and related synths. They might be worth looking into. :)

Reaction score
Do either of you have an iPad? Yamaha has several iPad apps for the MOXF and related synths. They might be worth looking into. :)
Oh yes, I have an Ipad Air 2 and have installed the Yamaha Apps. I haven't used them yet, but I think they would be handy. I intend to buy the John Melas suite of software for the MOXF to manage the sounds The MOXF does connect to my Ipad with my Yamaha Bluetooth adaper, and I take the headphone out from the Ipad and run it into the extra MOXF inputs for A/D conversion. No need to have an additional channel in the mixer for the Ipad. Neo SOul Studion has some killer Rhodes for the Ipad, I just play it at home though. Don aka B3

Reaction score
I notice you said you can adjust settings for each track. Do you know how to adjust the mod wheel settings for each track, without editing the voice ?

Ask a Question