Yamaha MX49 transmit program change?

Reaction score
Is there a way to transmit program change? I just need to send a program change to my guitar effects pedal. Thanks in advance.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The MX should send a Program Change whenever you change programs (select a voice), but I'm guessing it's a bit more complicated than that-- that you probably want to send a specific Program Change on a given channel without it affecting the voice you're currently playing on the MX, or something like that? Can you give any more details about what you're trying to achieve, such as what MIDI channels the guitar pedal can accept, what range of Program Change numbers it accepts, and will you be playing the MX at the time or will it just be sending the MIDI messages, etc.?

Reaction score
The MX should send a Program Change whenever you change programs (select a voice), but I'm guessing it's a bit more complicated than that-- that you probably want to send a specific Program Change on a given channel without it affecting the voice you're currently playing on the MX, or something like that? Can you give any more details about what you're trying to achieve, such as what MIDI channels the guitar pedal can accept, what range of Program Change numbers it accepts, and will you be playing the MX at the time or will it just be sending the MIDI messages, etc.?

Thanks for the prompt reply. My guitar pedal effects accepts PC message even without MSB and LSB. Basically it accepts PC 1-128 on a single channel.

I just need to send PC message to guitar pedal (patch mumber 2) when I switch to El Gtr. Then send PC message (patch number 1) to bypass effects when playing all the other patches.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks again.

Reaction score
How does that work? Performance #001 will send PC 1, #002 send PC2, etc?

Ask a Question