Yamaha NP-V60 with sustain Proel GF01

Reaction score
Hello there! (Sorry for my bad English, but I'm Italian).
I have a problem: my keyboard NP-V60 doesn't recognize the sustain Proel GF-01, except in reverse polarity. What can I do to fix it?
Thanks in advance =) :D

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forums. :)

Look in the manual - there might be an option to reverse the polarity in there.
If not, then maybe you could make/buy a cross-wired adapter cable.

Reaction score
First of all thanks for the quick response :D. When the switch is moved upward (reverse polarity) my keyboard works normally. The problem is that if the switch is moved downwards (normal polarity), my keyboard doesn't recognize it, and therefore does not apply the sustain function.
How can solve this problem? :confused:
Thanks in advance ;)

Reaction score
No problem, that's what this place is for. :)

Your pedal has a stereo plug, so it sends signals over two wires. Polarity means (I guess) that the signals go to the wrong places. So, if you flip them (make the right go left and left go right), it might make the pedal work correctly.
The most simple way to do that is to get a plug or a cable that crosses the wires in between the pedal and keyboard. Ask in a music shop, maybe they carry something like that.

I don't really know how those things work, it's possible that you need a pedal made specifically by Yamaha. I have the FC4 pedal - it's worked with everything I plugged it in so far (as long as it was made by Yamaha :p). It cost me around 10 Euros about 5 years ago.

Reaction score
Not familiar with the device but, have you tried it with a different instrument to see if it will work correctly with that unit?

Ask a Question