Yamaha P-115 and 3-pedal options

Reaction score
Has anyone used a LP1, LP-7A or any 3-pedal other than the lp-5 with a P-115? The connector appears the same and I'd like to pick up an LP1 but want to know that won't be a waste of time to do so. I asked Yamaha, but they give the corporate answer of the LP-5 works with the P-115 ie: they want you to buy the matching stand. I have the hope the pin-out is the same on all of these units, Thanks.

Reaction score
Welcome

A quick look online for me showed that:-

The LP1 is specific for the P125

The LP7A is specific for the DGX series.

Hence Yamaha seem to be telling you to use an LP5 or if you want the three pedals to upgrade your digital piano

I may be wrong but we shall see

Reaction score
Thanks, but what the LP1 is for is the stand for the P-125, LP7A for the DGX stand etc. There is a LP-225 also etc. What I'm trying to determine is if all these have the same pin out and would they function fine interchanges with each other. I want to fab a setup for my 2 tier X-brace stand so what they "fit" is really of no consequence. They all seem to have the same din connector but none of the "service manuals" for these contain the pin out. It just occurred to me I could probably download the P-125 service manual and compare the circuit to the P-115. Thanks for getting my brain juices flowin".

Reaction score
The website of the retailer I looked at showed that the LP1 was specific for the P125, it did not mention a stand although it looks like ir should be fitted to a stand as does the LP7A

Good luck.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You might want to ask this on a Yamaha specific forum or Yahoo! Answers if you want to get advice from someone who's actually tried it..

Casio does similar things with their pianos, involving proprietary connectors to cheap assed pedals built into tacky faux furniture stands.

Almost impossible to get a straight answer out of any of them. You best bet is Google and multiple forums.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question