YAMAHA P-120 - Lubricating keys?

Reaction score
Hi. The other day, one key (G) seemed to slip out of the back lock, and slided into the front metal shield. I pushed it back, and everything worked fine. It locked, but now it often come lose. Once a year i take the piano apart, and do a survey on all the mechanics. Discovering the lose key, i opened the piano to see what's wrong. The locker looked and felt fine, but i replaced the key with another. When also this slided lose, I might have caused this problem myself when i started to lubricate the back lockers on all keys. Are they supposed to be dry? Thanks.

Reaction score
I've owned dozens of digital keyboards over the years and never needed to lube any of the keys. Depending on the type of lube you used you could be causing a breakdown in the locker material you are lubing. Unless the owners manual recommends lubing I would discontinue this practice.

Ask a Question