Yamaha P-120 Midi Voice Problem

DDR

Reaction score
I'm connecting my Yamaha P-120 to a Korg SQ-64, and I'm having a really difficult time trying to figure out how to sequence different voices. For example, if I select "Jazz Organ", I still hear the first voice on the keyboard "Grand Piano 1" at the same time. I've gone into the function menu and haven't been able to figure out how to resolve this.

Any suggestions?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you're sequencing to the P-120, you'll need to select the desired voice by sending the appropriate Bank Select and Program Change numbers to the P-120, as listed on page 51 of the manual.

DDR

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I found this in the owner's manual. I'm very new to MIDI control, so I'm still struggling with this. Are you aware of how I actually change the program number? I see how I can get into program change, but not a submenu where I can select a voice number. Thanks!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There's an editor application on Korg's website, but the manual seems to be very sparse as far as what options can be programmed for the controls and how to set those options and all of their parameters. Do you have the editor installed?

DDR

Reaction score
I see, I didn't realize that. I just installed it and you're right, Korg does a great job with documentation as usual. I'll poke around with it and see if I can make any changes.

Ask a Question