the same keyboard the Yamaha P-121 ( 73 Keys). My question is :
will I be able to load additional sounds through an external IPAD
or IOS device. I am a little familiar with VST 's from other
music software, but I would really like to be able to add to the P-121
some other EP's and maybe organ sounds. Enlighten me ! TIA

Reaction score
In a word Yes.

Yamaha have a range of Apps available.

Simply go to the Yamaha website and type Apps in the search box on the homepage.

There is an App specifically for digital pianos available but you may like to install it on your iPad and go back to the music store and play the P125 again with your iPad attached just to make sure it works OK

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/m...anos/apps/digital_piano_controller/index.html

Is the Yamaha UK site where I found the information

Given that the recommended price is what it is have you considered a synth/workstation? A Roland DS 88 would give you a vastly superior range of instruments and features

Last edited:
Reaction score
Played the P-125 ( 88 key ) but I will wait for the smaller portable version of
the same keyboard the Yamaha P-121 ( 73 Keys). My question is :
will I be able to load additional sounds through an external IPAD
or IOS device. I am a little familiar with VST 's from other
music software, but I would really like to be able to add to the P-121
some other EP's and maybe organ sounds. Enlighten me ! TIA
You cannot add new sounds to those Yamahas. However, you can connect an iOS device and trigger lots of other sounds from a wide variety of apps. Some EP apps are iLectric Piano and NeoSoul Keys. Some organ apps are Galleo and Organ+. There are lots of apps that have a wide variety of sounds in them including EPs and organs... Korg Module, ThumbJam, GarageBand, SampleTank, etc. But understand that while you can play these sounds from your Yamaha piano, you are not adding them to your Yamaha piano. That is, they exist in the iOS device, nothing is changing in your keyboard. You will not be able to play them when the iOS device is not attached (as you would be able to if it were actually possible to add sounds to your Yamaha, as you can on some other keyboards).

Ask a Question