Yamaha P105

Reaction score
Hi,
I just have a simple question..
I bought a korg x5d synth module., is there any ways on how to connect it to the Yamaha p105?
Or is it possible?
Thanks for your prompt answer.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes, but you need a special interface that can act as a USB host; or you could just connect both of them to a computer or laptop if that's acceptable to your situation. For instance, you might prefer to use an interface if you need to connect them together during a live performance on stage, or you might prefer to just use a computer if the setup is in your home or a studio and can remain as is rather than needing to be put up and torn down in a hurry.

Examples of interfaces that should be able to do this are the Kenton MIDI USB Host MkII, the Sevilla Soft USB HOST MIDI 2 or USB HOST MIDI ROUTER, the Miditech USB MIDI Host, and some of the MIDI interfaces from iConnectivity (the ones that include a Type A USB port, rather than just a Type B USB port).

Note that the device which has a USB-MIDI port (in this case, the Yamaha P-105) must be MIDI class-compliant so it doesn't need a USB-MIDI driver. If the P-105 doesn't meet that requirement then you'll need to connect it to a computer and install the appropriate USB-MIDI driver for the computer's operating system, then connect the Korg X5D (or is it the X5DR?) to the computer using a MIDI-to-USB interface cable, and use a MIDI routing utility or a DAW to pass the MIDI data from one keyboard to the other.

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Hi,
Thank you so much for your prompt answer.
Since i got the idea already, is this midiplus usb host is okay to use?
Thanks and have a great day!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It looks like it from the picture, but I can't find anything definitive about it, and the online manual mentions USB devices but doesn't specifically say USB-MIDI devices. My guess is that as long as the USB-MIDI devices are class-compliant then it ought to work.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Ask a Question