Yamaha P115 Turns On By Itself

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of power 240v from the mains constantly flowing into a small 16v power adapter. 24/7.
I fear the adapter will over cook and explode:eek:.
Turning the power off at the wall after use is what I do.
As well there s no way the keyboard will start up by itelf if it has no power.
-RAY;)

Reaction score
So, the latest with this strange situation is that after the technician did some troubleshooting, couldn't figure out the problem and put everything back together again .. it seems the problem hasn't reappeared.

Crossing my fingers that whatever the technician fiddled around with fixed the problem.

Reaction score
Hi all, i am also encountering this issue just few days back. However, i notice something quite strange, i off the main plug like more than 30 min, then i switch it on again, the issue gone but only awhile.. after a period of time, it turns on again. Yamaha p125b model 1 yr 5 mth old

Reaction score
I may be totally wrong but when I had my P series the on/off switch did not have a tactile feel of a latching switch, it felt more like it was an electronic switch.

Try resetting the keyboard and if it returns then resort to unplugging the power lead from the mains.

Reaction score
Hi all, i am also encountering this issue just few days back. However, i notice something quite strange, i off the main plug like more than 30 min, then i switch it on again, the issue gone but only awhile.. after a period of time, it turns on again. Yamaha p125b model 1 yr 5 mth old
I face a similar situation with my P 115.And on some occasions, the entire keyboard of the P 115 goes silent while the power in on.It plays sounds again when it is re plugged.

YS.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Happened to have same issue with Yamaha CLP-535 220V random turning on today.
After several tries to isolate the problem, piano, setting, switch, supply, main supply etcs, issue had identified.

Issue is not due to piano setting, auto power setting nor defective power circuit board. Internal rectifier component is not defective nor main power switch.

The issue is due to the 2-pin power supply cord at the area which is plug into the piano. This is the area normally we do not plug/unplug for years.

Limited space between 2-pin plug and piano backing board resulted cord under permanent stress-strain. Either design issue or wrong power cord type provided.
Hypothesis is overtime, tensile stress caused copper wire inside cord partially loose causing intermittent wave so happened freq and timing trigger piano to turn on.

I just reverse 2-pin plug to quick fix the issue. Change new cord ~$2 or pull from old printer power cord work as well.

- YS

Ask a Question