Yamaha p90 or old skool Korg Concert 5000?

Reaction score
hi everybody,

new to the forum and thought i'd seek some friendly advice on a recent decision i have to make.

i have had a yamaha p90 for about a year, but recently was given an old (1980s) Korg Concert 5000. i liked my old keyboard but the feel of the korg is great. it is still in great condition after 20 years!

so my problem is which one to sell! which one do you think would sell for more?

the yamaha is a lot lighter, and takes up a little bit more space, and has a record button. where as the old korg has slightly better sound and old skool waited keys.

so, help me out please guys!!!

which one should i keep???

thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Reaction score
Keep the one you like more.

This isn't a case of "Should I buy A or B and oh, I can't try one or both before I buy for some reason". You already have both, so keep the one you like best, if you even need to sell one at all. Unless you only have the space for one keyboard or need the cash (they're both older, so don't expect a ton), keeping them both is an option too.

Reaction score
becaus ei could us ethe money and the space! they take up too much room.

i think i'll get them side by side and play each for 30 mins and make a decision on which one i like more.

thanks for all your responses.

Reaction score
Well, you could always get a single stand that will hold both, one on top of the other, and then space isn't an issue.

As for the money, I don't know how old the P90 is, but you honestly won't get much for the Korg Concert 5000, if you're even able to sell it. It wasn't a keyboard that was so well-known for its sound that there'd really be any kind of demand for it (compare to something like the Yamaha DX7; I saw *2* of those in a local music store; used, of course, but they still had them for sale). If it's not in demand, it won't sell, or at least won't sell for very much.

Do what you like, of course, but if you're counting on doing much more than practically *giving* a keyboard away, you're expecting too much.

Ask a Question