Yamaha PSR-280 with Windows 7?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Yamaha PSR-280 connected via MIDI to USB cable to my HP Pavilion s5220y (booting Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit). The PC recognizes the device as "USB Midi", but when I try to enable it in programs like Reason 5 or Ableton Live 8, I cannot seem to get a response. I'm not sure if I'm missing a driver or what, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my keyboard to interact with the programs. Is there anyone here that has any experience with this model?

Here's hoping!

Reaction score
I've tried to install the official driver from Yamaha, but there's some cryptic error in which my processor (which surpasses the requirements) is inexplicably denied.

wowsd.jpg

Reaction score
Are you using x64 drivers?

Oops, my mistake. I was using the x86 drivers. :\

Anyway, the x64 drivers seem to want to work, but every time I uninstall the broken driver Windows 7 implemented and plug my keyboard back in, the Found New Hardware Wizard keeps reinstalling it. I've tried ending the process each time it appears, but it just spawns a new one and insists that the broken driver be installed, and therefore I cannot install the Yamaha driver.

Is there a way to disable that wizard? Also, sorry for the dumb x86 mistake. I am not a clever man.

Reaction score
Just update your driver through the hardware manager. It should work

Reaction score
hi notsam,

i am using PSR-280 too and fail to connect to reason too !
but i cannot find any driver from Yamaha official site, so could you please send me the driver that u have ?

Thanks

Ask a Question