Yamaha PSR-310 Stiff Keys

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a YAMAHA PSR-310 Keyboard in order to give learning the keyboard a go. I've noticed that the keys are quite stiff and require more than normal effort to press. Can anyone give me advice on how I can loosen them or have them fixed?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Short of beating it with a brick there's really no easy DIY method to loosen up a keyboard's touch.

Do the keys squeak or make noise? If so they could maybe use a light lube with some talcum powder but otherwise I'd suggest selling it off and finding another keyboard whose touch is more to your liking.

Gary

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a YAMAHA PSR-310 Keyboard in order to give learning the keyboard a go. I've noticed that the keys are quite stiff and require more than normal effort to press. Can anyone give me advice on how I can loosen them or have them fixed?
Hi,

Hello,
If you still have the keyboard, and if it is still working, despite the problem with the keys, I would love to buy it from you. It was my very first keyboard, and I have lots of memories with it. I was looking for it online, and I stumbled into this conversation. I couldn't find it any other place.

Ask a Question