Yamaha PSR 540-Line In !!

Reaction score
Keyboard has excellent sound system and I would like to somehow establish a "Line In" to access mp3 song files on my Win XP computer. is this possible ?
*second question*
Yamaha manual says " operation of Sustain Pedal Switch can be reversed by depressing pedal while switching on the keyboard" This doesn't work with my Radio Shack brand switch. Do i need a Yamaha brand switch ?

Thanks

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the 540 but if it has midi in-out or an USB-B connector you can make a connection with a computer to listen to MIDI's (not MP3) using the sound of the keyboard. In case it has an USB-B connector, a simple USB-printercable will do the job, In case it has midi in-out you need to use a cable as in the attached picture. They are very cheap and you can buy them on EBay. Plug and play. no need for special drivers or expensive interfaces.

Attachments

• USB-Midi-Cable.jpg
    USB-Midi-Cable.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 665
Reaction score
Thanks for checking it out. it does have midi in/out and i have been playing midi files but i had hoped to be able to work with mp3s as well..
Thanks Again !!

Ask a Question