Yamaha psr e333 vs Casio CTK 4400

Reaction score
Hi im new in this world of keyboards. And i hope you could tell me wich its the best option keyboard between this two please? (Yamaha psr e333 vs casio ctk 4400)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I prefer the sound of Yamaha's voices over Casio's voices, but the CTK-4400 has a slightly higher polyphony than the PSR-E333 (48 notes versus 32 notes), and the CTK-4400 also has more piano-like keys versus the more organ-like keys of the PSR-E333.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
They are both perfect beasts for learning. The basics are represented in an eay to use format in either. The advanced functions on both are overwhelming for a biginner so I would buy the cheapest and after a couple of years think about upgrading depending on the direction you take.
As a beginner you will be happy with either so save your money and buy the cheapest.
Cheers good luck.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
the CTK-4400 also has more piano-like keys

I'm not sure what they mean by that. They don't say whether or not the keyboard is weighted or not.

Assuming that the OP is interested in playing piano at some point, I'd be looking at weighted keys, which will (unfortunately) increase the cost.

They are both perfect beasts for learning.

Which is a good point. The keyboard the OP is getting won't be the final word in his keyboards, assuming he sticks with it. But the OP may be able to purchase a used keyboard with weighted keys for the same amount of money. And the unreliability and shorter life span of a used keyboard won't matter for a first keyboard. By the time it dies -- and it will, eventually -- the OP will have a much better idea of what he's looking for in a keyboard.

I'd be looking for a cheap used keyboard with weighted keys and a piano teacher who's willing to work with adult students who don't own a "real" piano. It probably won't be hard to find either. It's not the five octaves that will kill you, it's the lack of weighted keys. (Unless you can find a keyboard teacher who doesn't use a piano -- either real or electronic -- in their studio. Then the question of weighted keys is only dependent upon the OP's ultimate goals.)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they mean by that. They don't say whether or not the keyboard is weighted or not.

I was actually referring to the shape or form of the keys-- box-like as opposed to lever-like, if you know what I mean (i.e., each key has a front and two sides, not just a top). I assume they're like the keys on my nephew's Casio WK-110, which are box-like but not weighted nor semi-weighted. Some people prefer box-like "piano keys" over lever-like "organ keys," whether or not the keys are weighted or semi-weighted.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I was actually referring to the shape or form of the keys-- box-like as opposed to lever-like, if you know what I mean (i.e., each key has a front and two sides, not just a top). I assume they're like the keys on my nephew's Casio WK-110, which are box-like but not weighted nor semi-weighted. Some people prefer box-like "piano keys" over lever-like "organ keys," whether or not the keys are weighted or semi-weighted.

I don't know if it came across this way, but the "they" I was referring to was Casio. I went to their web site to see if there was anything about the feel of the keys, and the answer was nada. I wasn't trying to say that I didn't understand what you, SeaGtGruff, was saying. If it came across that way, I apologize.

I've seen a lot of comments about waterfall keys from Hammond aficionados. Having not played organ seriously, I've never understood it. But that doesn't mean there's not a difference; just that it doesn't register for me. Perhaps once I start to play organ, I'll care. Until then, I'll let those that do care run the show.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Waterfall keys are rounded at the front and edges so that when you mash your palm and do a keyboard slide your skin doesn't get caught on any sharp edges.

As for squared piano style or organ style lever keys? Arguments can be made for either type depending on your preferred playing style.

Personally I find the lever type with the overhanging edges to be quicker and more responsive when playing synth style.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question