Yamaha PSR-E373 as portable option

Reaction score
Hi there! I have a Yamaha P-125 digital piano but I'm looking to add a more portable option (batteries + lighter) for jam sessions, possibly busking etc. I'm also hoping for whatever I get to also provide some extra decent sound options (non piano instruments etc) to include in recordings I make with my P-125, and some type of ability to create a custom drum track (even use a built in one, manually adding fills etc then add another few signature bits manually using key triggered drums) to output to an audio file I can then use in performances.

Yamaha PSR-E373:
Is available in my area and has a great piano sound, built in audio interface (huge feature for me - have this on the P-125 and the audio recording quality is stellar), only a 2 track recorder although that is prob enough for my simple drum track need. Some really nice expression sounds on acoustic instruments, but triggered with a button you have to hold down instead of reacting to the touch level? Seems like a strange choice.

If anyone has one of these and thinks it would fit the bill please let me know! (The price is certainly right ;)

Reaction score
Hi there! I have a Yamaha P-125 digital piano but I'm looking to add a more portable option (batteries + lighter) for jam sessions, possibly busking etc. I'm also hoping for whatever I get to also provide some extra decent sound options (non piano instruments etc) to include in recordings I make with my P-125, and some type of ability to create a custom drum track (even use a built in one, manually adding fills etc then add another few signature bits manually using key triggered drums) to output to an audio file I can then use in performances.

Yamaha PSR-E373:
Is available in my area and has a great piano sound, built in audio interface (huge feature for me - have this on the P-125 and the audio recording quality is stellar), only a 2 track recorder although that is prob enough for my simple drum track need. Some really nice expression sounds on acoustic instruments, but triggered with a button you have to hold down instead of reacting to the touch level? Seems like a strange choice.

If anyone has one of these and thinks it would fit the bill please let me know! (The price is certainly right ;)
Remember that the E373 does not have a dedicated audio out - I guess you would have to use the headphone jack? Other than that it does have a nice improved piano sound and quite a few really good voices, although there are some clunkers in-between. Navigating between sounds or presets is not quick either. Awesome value for money and a great little board nonetheless.

Ask a Question