Yamaha psr E413

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

"Good" and "basic" are fairly subjective terms in the context you've used them. If you let us know what you're intending to use the keyboard for and what you want it to be able to do, it will help us give you more appropriate guidance on if it will fit your needs.

One of our moderators SeaGtGruff is an expert on all things Yamaha and very generous with his thoughts. I'm certain he'll chip in with some very helpful advice if you give him a bit more info.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have a YPT-400 that I bought used for quite cheap; it's the "export model" version of the PSR-E403, which was the model prior to the PSR-E413.

I also have a PSR-E433 and a PSR-E443 that I bought new; they're more recent models than the PSR-E413.

Keep in mind that the PSR-E models are low-end Yamaha keyboards, so they don't sound as good as the PSR-S models, and don't have as many voices and feature functions. The PSR-E and PSR-S models do use the same type of tone generation technology (AWM2), but the PSR-E models use a simpler version of Yamaha's XG MIDI standard called XGlite, they have a lower maximum polyphony than the PSR-S models do, and their voices can't use as many elements as the PSR-S models can.

I'm not saying that the PSR-E models don't sound good, because I think many of their voices do sound very good-- although some of them don't sound very convincing to me (e.g., the violins), which I think is pretty typical of ROMpler keyboards in general (some voices sound great, other voices don't sound so great). I happen to like my PSR-E4xx/YPT-4xx models very much, although I do have a lot of virtual instruments that I can use to complement them.

The PSR-E4xxs/YPT-4xxs are the top-of-the-line models among Yamaha's low-end keyboards, and the main reason I chose the PSR-E433 was because it has menu functions and two assignable knobs that can be used to modify their voice parameters-- the EG attack/release times, and the LPF cutoff/resonance settings. It also has arpeggios. The PSR-E413 has those features, too. But you shouldn't pay a lot for it-- I'd say somewhere between $100 and $200 used, depending on its condition and whether the person is including any extras with it (keyboard stand, keyboard bench, etc.). I paid $80 for a used YPT-400, and it was in great condition, so $100 would be a great deal on a PSR-E413, but I wouldn't pay more than $150, and that's only if it includes the power adapter.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
The DGX models are similar to the PSR-E models in some respects, but different in others. The DGX-220 has a better keyboard than the PSR-E413, 76 piano-style keys versus 61 synth-style keys. It doesn't have functions and knobs for modifying the EG and LPF settings like the PSR-E413 does, but nevertheless you can modify those parameters via MIDI. :)

Reaction score
Hi I have yamaha psr e 413 if I play the style on the lower G change tune or just like no sound what can I do this?

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Is it one of the built-in styles, or a style file you got from somewhere and transferred to the keyboard?

What do you mean by "change tune"?

Ask a Question