Yamaha Psr E433 Dj Pattern

Reaction score
Here is a demonstration of a DJ Pattern on Yamaha Psr E433-song remixed Let it be-The Beatles.
Is here any other owner of this keyboard?What r u think about it?
I personally think its a great value for money,bought it instead of Casio WTK 7500,following advice of
Y Man and I dont think I can regret that,hovewer on Casio You have a few additional features which this keyboard dont have.One of them is creating Your own Patterns.
Enjoy!:D

The Y_man

Reaction score
I personally think its a great value for money,bought it instead of Casio WTK 7500,following advice of
Y Man and I dont think I can regret that,hovewer on Casio You have a few additional features which this keyboard dont have.One of them is creating Your own Patterns.

Hi Damian,

Good to see you are enjoying your new board.

Remember on the PSR you can load up style files from the internet (many good free ones around).
You can also create your own style files (patterns) using a midi editor like AnvilStudio and then converting it to a style (.sty) file using a converter software

The Y-man

Reaction score
Thanks for an advice Y man,so will any of them .sty mode gonna be compatible with any of the yamaha keyboard?including tyros series?

Reaction score
I think they are the same,just bought on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221175164268?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
That lady( I pressume Its Lady name is hotchocolate)is selling the USB sticks with 4000 styles for any Yamahas PSR series,E series,S series.So it must be the same file format then,except Tyros I think cos she's got separate auction for a Tyros.
I paid only 9.99 for a 4000 styles.I think that is a proper bargain,hope it works on my keyboard.If it is then I will never regret my choice to go
for Yamaha psr E433 instead of Casio WTK7500.
Will let You know how that USB works next week when it arrives.Maybe I will post a video with a few styles.
All the best for all lucky Yamaha Keyboard owners:))

Reaction score
I have received that USB stick today.Its fully packed with a styles.I've tried only some of them so far.Absolutely fantastic!All technics styles,all korg styles,all roland styles,christmas styles and thousands of yamaha styles,including tyros styles.A lot of styles for a specific songs-like a beatles,ace of base,mr president and the others with this thing cost me only additional 9.99 it makes a psr e433 fully profesional keyboard.
All the best for all lucky Yamaha keyboard owners!:)))))
Big thanks to a Y man again for helping me choose Yamaha Keyboard instead of Casio:)):D

Reaction score
Hi Friends
I am very new to this forum,but i can see that there is tonnes of information one can have .I am planning to buy YAMAHA PSR E443.
As i was reading the manual , it says i can download only 5 user styles.Please guide me if there is any way i can download more that 5 styles.Also i would appreciate if any one has this model and how is compared to CTK 7000.In CTK 7000 one can download 100 user styles.
As a musician we all have same feelings to make sure that what buy is worth and enjoys playing .
Thanks .

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You can download a lot more than 5 style files to the PSR-E443's memory, but you can "register" or use only 5 of them at a time. (Of course there are 200 styles built in that are always available to use.) I don't know how many you'd need to use while playing a single song, but each style can have 2 variations, so if you use only 1 style variation per song then 5 user styles would be enough for 10 songs. But people often change variations for different parts of a song, so maybe 5 user styles would be good for between 5 and 10 songs.

You can save all of your settings (song recordings, registrations, and user styles) to a User file, so if you need to be able to use more than 5 user styles during a gig then you could set up different User files and load a new one every so many songs as needed.

Reaction score
Thanks very much sir for your excellent advise.I mainly play live Indian songs and i think E443 has only
3 Indian styles. But as you said i can set up different user files and load them as is needed.
Thanks again for your time and helping me.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
You're welcome, Bharat11.

I own the new PSR-E443 (released this year), as well as the previous PSR-E433 model (released two years ago), and am happy with both of them.

It's true that some of the Casio models have more features-- in particular, I've been strongly tempted to buy either a CTK-7200 or WK-7600 (identical to the CTK-7200 but with 76 keys instead of 61 keys). The CTK-7000 is the previous version of the CTK-7200 and is very similar to it, but one thing I like about the CTK-7200 over the CTK-7000 is that the CTK-7200 has 9 possible settings (from 0 to 8) for the 9 drawbar organ slider controls, whereas the CTK-7000 has only 4 possible settings (from 0 to 3).

Before I bought the PSR-E443 I struggled with the decision to buy a CTK-7200 or PSR-E443, but decided to get the PSR-E443 for "research and development" reasons, as I'm working on a utility program for the PSR-E433 and I want to make it compatible with the PSR-E443 as well. Actually, I'd also like for it to be compatible with all of the previous models (PSR-E403, PSR-E413, and PSR-E423), plus the PSR-I line (PSR-I425 and PSR-I455), as well as the YPT-4 line (YPT-400, YPT-410, and YPT-420), so I'd love to be able to buy all those models for "research and development" as well, but I should be able to get by with asking owners of those keyboards to send me some files to test with.

Getting back to the issue of style files, Yamaha has had different versions of style files, and the PSR-E443 uses an older version (SFF1, not SFF2), plus it can use only half as many variations (A/B, not A/B/C/D). For some people this is a "deal breaker," because they want to be able to use the newer SFF2 types of styles and have access to all 4 of the variations. I'm telling you this now so you won't go buy a PSR-E443 and then find out afterward about this particular limitation. I'm not trying to dissuade you from getting a PSR-E443; I just want you to know its shortcomings so you'll be in a better position to make an informed decision.

Despite its limitations, I'm happy with my PSR-E433 and PSR-E443. I'd love to step up to the next higher model-- the PSR-S650-- or even higher than that, but unfortunately price is a major factor for me right now.

As for the CTK-7200, it doesn't cost that much more than a PSR-E443 and in many respects it has more features, but I really like the way the PSR-E443 sounds. I haven't heard how the CTK-7200 sounds, but I have a much older Casio (CTK-710) and my nephew has a not-so-old-but-not-so-new Casio (WK-110), and I definitely think my two Yamahas sound better overall than the two Casios I've heard. But I'd definitely like to get a CTK-7200 or WK-7600 some day, if only so I can do an in-depth comparison with the PSR-E443, but also so I could write some utility programs for it.

Edit: Regarding the issue of SFF1/SFF2 styles and the number of variations, there are a number of free utility programs you can use to convert SFF2 style files to SFF1 style files, remove any parts you can't use (i.e., variations C and D), and "revoice" the style to use only voices that exist on the PSR-E443. So even if a particular style file isn't directly compatible with the PSR-E443, you can still modify it as needed to make it compatible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Michael
I thank you for your expert advise.I have little idea about SFF files and I do appreciate your opinion.
I have very old psr 270 and like all the styles and voices.I am sure that e443 would be way more better.I was wandering if I download styles from psr I455,mainly Indian styles will it sound same as on I443.
Please give me your expert opinion.

I ordered CTK7000 online last week,before our discussion,and received few days back.i have 30 days to try it out,and to my opinion I am not very much impressed
With styles and voices.Its a good gadgets ,some good features ,but not easy to accesse.if you need any styles files or voice of CTK 7000 ,for your programming work,I will be more than happy to send you.

I have decided to go with E443.I request you to advise me is there any big difference between E443 and I455.as far as I know I455 has more towards Indian styles and voices.but beside that operation wise or technical spec ,do you think is there any major difference.Please advise.

I thank you for you time.
Best regards
Bharat

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If you want to know about the differences between the PSR-E443 and PSR-I455, I recommend that you download and compare the Owner's Manual and Data List for the two keyboards:

http://download.yamaha.com/search/result/?site=usa.yamaha.com&language=en&search=PSR-E443

http://download.yamaha.com/search/result/?site=in.yamaha.com&language=en&search=PSR-I455

Note that the data lists (i.e., lists of voices, styles, etc.) for the PSR-I455 are included at the end of the Owner's Manual, whereas for the PSR-E443 they're published as a separate document.

I'll see if I can do a comparison between them and post it later. I don't have a PSR-I455, so I can't compare the actual keyboards, but I can list the differences between them.

Ask a Question