yamaha psr e443 changing from one voice to another

Discussion in 'Yamaha Keyboards' started by mark vaughan, Dec 7, 2014.

1. mark vaughan

mark vaughan

hi can anyone tell me the quickest way you can change from one voice to another on this keyboard ? say I am playing a medley of songs or same song and I want to go from say piano to strings as smoothly as possible whats the best way to do it ?

thanks mark

mark vaughan, Dec 7, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. mark vaughan

SeaGtGruff I meant to play that note! Moderator

The PSR-E443 has 4 registration buttons and 8 registration banks, so you can save up to 32 different panel setups-- which includes the three selected voices (main, dual, and split) and any edited voice parameters (volume, octave, pan, reverb depth, chorus depth, attack, release, cutoff, and resonance). You can also save the 32 registrations-- plus any user-recorded songs and user-selected (i.e., "registered") external styles-- in a "User" file, with the ability to save 100 uniquely-named User files (i.e., "USER001" through "USER100") on a USB thumb drive for later recall.

The quickest way to switch voices is to have a particular registration bank already selected, then you can instantly switch back and forth between the 4 registrations in that bank by simply pressing the appropriate registration button (1 through 4). So as far as (near) instant switching while playing a song on the keyboard, you've got 4 setups that you can quickly switch between.

If you need to use more than 4 setups, you'll have to select a different registration bank, which takes a little bit longer to do. Thus, the ideal situation would be to set up each registration bank with 4 setups to use for 1 or more songs-- e.g., setups for 8 songs, with each song having 4 setups; or setups for 16 songs, where each of the 8 banks has setups for 2 songs (if each song requires 2 setups); etc. However, if you're playing with a band and have an opportunity to pause for a little bit while playing a song, then you might have enough time to switch banks during a song, in which case you could use more than 4 setups in a given song.

If you need to use more than 32 setups during a gig, you'll have to load a User file from your USB thumb drive, which requires a good bit more time to do, since you have to call up and navigate through the File Function menu, not counting the time required for the selected User file to be loaded into memory-- so loading a new User file would best be done during a break when you've got more time to fiddle with the keyboard.

SeaGtGruff, Dec 7, 2014
    1. Advertisements