Yamaha PSR-E443 right signal not working

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha PSR-E443 and one day I noticed that the right speaker isn’t playing any sound. I thought that the speaker is broken but I connected the synthesizer to my sound interface and it was only playing a mono signal. I also tried connecting my headphones to the synthesizer and still only had sound from the left side. I have also tried resetting. Is there a way to fix it myself?

Reaction score
I just fixed somehow. I took the whole thing apart, looked around, didn’t know what to do and put it back together. Now it works!

Reaction score
Welcome.

Try delving into the function menu and turn off the speakers, power down the keyboard then power it up and go back into the function menu to turn the speakers on again.

If this fails reset the whole keyboard, far right key, push and hold then turn on the keyboard.

Come back to us with the status.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like maybe something was loose-- a wire or other contact-- and it got better connected when you took it apart, poked around, and put it back together. Whatever it was, I'm glad you've got it working again! :)

Reaction score
I was glad as well until I took my keyboard to another room to find it going back to mono again :/ In the first place the left signal was perfect and I just had a weak right signal until it absolutely disappeared :(

Reaction score
Didn't work. I managed to somehow randomly fix it by just taking it apart and slightly poking some stuff and then it was back to stereo but a few weeks after that I took the keyboard to another room at my home and it had gone back to mono again. In the first place the left signal was perfect and I just had a weak right signal until it absolutely disappeared.

Reaction score
I believe that it's a hardware issue and I tried looking it up by the manual but unfortunately wasn't smart enough to spot a flaw.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like maybe you do have the Service Manual?

Since you temporarily fixed it by taking it apart and putting it back together, my first guess would be that there's a problem with the wiring to the right speaker, such as a loose connection or maybe one of the wires is bad.

But I'm not an electrician so I don't know if that's a valid conclusion.

Ask a Question