Yamaha PSR-E443 stopped working

Reaction score
My Yamaha PSR-E443 suddenly stopped working... It won't turn on.. If I push d power button it will light but it will also turn off immidiately after... please help me... The adaptors are in good order as well as the current is stable...

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
When pressing the power button on, you need to hold it for a second or two before releasing your finger. Try that first.
Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I posted a link to the service manual in the other thread about this issue, but the other person never gave us an update on whether he found a solution.

The best suggestion I can offer is to take it to a Yamaha certified technician who can open it up and look at it for you to see what's up.

If that isn't possible, then hopefully you can find someone with a good working knowledge of and experience with electronic equipment and repairs who can understand the service manual and take a look at it for you.

Just be very cautious about taking it to anyone who isn't certified, as you wouldn't want them to do more harm than good!

Reaction score
Further to the advice Ray suggested, if you keep the button pressed does the keyboard boot up fully and play?

If it does it may well be that the switch has developed a mechanical fault (not latching). In which case the Certified Technician as Michael suggests is the way to go.

Btw, we all seem to assume that your keyboard is outside any warranty period.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Has anyone been playing the keyboard with sticky fingers?

If so, it may be a stuck button interfering with the power on self test.

Give all the buttons a good massage and make sure none of them are stuck in an on position before you try turning it on again.

This also applies to all keys and knobs and sliders as well.

If this fails, then it probably has to be serviced. Contact Yamaha Support for a service centre near you.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I posted a link to the service manual in the other thread about this issue, but the other person never gave us an update on whether he found a solution.

The best suggestion I can offer is to take it to a Yamaha certified technician who can open it up and look at it for you to see what's up.

If that isn't possible, then hopefully you can find someone with a good working knowledge of and experience with electronic equipment and repairs who can understand the service manual and take a look at it for you.

Just be very cautious about taking it to anyone who isn't certified, as you wouldn't want them to do more harm than good!
Thanks sir... I was googling the Yamaha service center since the problem arose but found nothing... So so frustrating

Reaction score
Thank you all guys for replying to my concern... Bu I think I really need to find a technichian for my keyboard... I just need to find someone who is really expert about this... Huhuhu

Reaction score
Welcome.

Have you tried putting new batteries in your keyboard and tried turning it on with the normal power supply plug disconnected?

If not can you do so and advise what if anything happens.

In many keyboards there is also a button cell battery, if there is one in your 443 then it may be time to replace it.

Additionally with most keyboards there is a key combination that causes a factory reset to occur on startup, I am unsure what it is for your keyboard but maybe it is worth a try if one of the other members here with more Yamaha knowledge that I knows what that combination is.

Given the age of your keyboard it probably will not be worth taking it to a Technician as a new E463 is only c£260 a sum that can easily be racked up by a Tech.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There's no battery inside the PSR-E443, despite the fact that the manual mentions the possibility of one-- which, as far as I can tell, is just a generic disclaimer that Yamaha have had in their manuals since many years ago when such batteries were commonly used, and which was never edited out of the boiler plate disclaimer text.

Ask a Question