Yamaha PSR-E443 won't turn off

Reaction score
My Yamaha PSR E433 won't turn off if I press the power button instead it indicates charging without the battery installed. Can somebody help me. Thanks a lot
IMG20210219192553.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pull the plug out of the socket. The power button is a convenience but not necessary; just plug in when wanting to use it; unplug when finished. The cost of the repair isn't worth it.

Reaction score
Has the action of the Button changed?

You could try a factory reset to see if that effects the system, I doubt it but anything is worth a try

Probably time to treat yourself to a new keyboard, the 433 is now a good few years old and as Dave says, cost of reapir is not worth it.

Reaction score
Pull the plug out of the socket. The power button is a convenience but not necessary; just plug in when wanting to use it; unplug when finished. The cost of the repair isn't worth it.
That's what I did everytime I need to use it. I already did the factory reset but still not working, sometimes I can use the power button to turn it off but most of the moment doesn't instead it change to charging sign which is no any battery installed, just power supply.

Reaction score

You could try a factory reset to see if that effects the system, I doubt it but anything is worth a try

Probably time to treat yourself to a new keyboard, the 433 is now a good few years old and as Dave says, cost of reapir is not worth i

Probably time to treat yourself to a new keyboard, the 433 is now a good few years old and as Dave says, cost of reapir is not worth it.
The power button is fine, no sign of any damage or tampered.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This calls for a little bit of hardware hacking.

First of all what type of switch is it? Spring loaded pushbutton or soft touch membrane style?

The approach you take depends on what type of switch it is.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
This calls for a little bit of hardware hacking.

First of all what type of switch is it? Spring loaded pushbutton or soft touch membrane style?

The approach you take depends on what type of switch it is.

Gary ;)
It's soft touch membrane style

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you are ok with opening it up, remove the membrane and take an HB soft pencil and rub it back and forth on the black dot in the middle a couple of dozen times and then reassemble.

It could be the membrane has worn with age and no longer makes proper contact.

This would be a temporary fix.

A permanent fix would be to buy one of these kits.

And watch a youtube video on how to apply it.

If that doesn't fix it then just be happy it works when you plug it in.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Also, did you do the suggested hardware fix, I imagine that's probably the solution but the keyboard has been fault free up till now & it's a big item to be dismantling on the kitchen table

Ask a Question