Yamaha psr-E453, the power is on correctly and the screen is on perfect but the sound is not coming, if I press any key it shows ok on the screen

Reaction score
Yamaha psr-E453, the power is on correctly and the screen is on perfect but the sound is not coming, if I press any key it shows ok on the screen

Reaction score
If you sometimes use headphone check that the adaptor is not still in the socket.

you can also dive into the function Menu as with these E series the onboard speakers can be disabled via a Menu setting

Reaction score
I don't know the keyboard but if it uses MIDI make sure if available that the "Local" option is set correctly, Local switches the keyboard sounds on and off.

Reaction score
I don't know the keyboard but if it uses MIDI make sure if available that the "Local" option is set correctly, Local switches the keyboard sounds on and off.

Good point.

The Op posted on the 3rd Aug and they have not been back since.

When an Op posts a question and then does not have the manners to report back on their fault, I presume that they did something DUMB and are to embarrassed to tell us.

Reaction score
That behaviour is the same on almost every forum. People post then vanish never to be heard from again, I blame alien abduction!

Reaction score
Re: Keyboard making no sound. I have a Tyros 4 and have been caught out many times by ...

... having a Footswitch to control the VOLUME of the keyboard. I have Yamaha AR80 Organ, and on an organ this is called the EXPRESSION PEDAL. When I play something i sometimes 'fade it out' at the end using the Volume (Expression) Pedal.

Then when I come back later and find my Tyros 4 has no sound it takes me a good 5 mins to realise that my Volume Pedal is still on ZERO VOLUME.

Hugh

Ask a Question