Yamaha PSR e453

Reaction score
cant get my single finger chords to work . When I put acmp on then can’t play the melody. No sound comes from there. They say to try resetting the keyboard . How do I do that

Reaction score
Welcome

To Reset System Setup Only to Original Factory Settings:
  1. Turn OFF the keyboard.
  2. Press and hold down the rightmost white key (C) while turning ON the keyboard.
  3. Once the power is ON, release the key. The keyboard will reinitialize the System Setup to the original factory settings.
Hope this solves your problem.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, Lynda! :)

You might go into the FUNCTION menu and check the "StyleVol" (Style Volume) function to make sure it isn't set to 0 or other very low value. The factory default setting is 100, which is considered to be normal (100%), but you can set it to any value from 0 to 127 depending on how loudly you want the styles to play.

You might also check the "SplitPnt" (Split Point) function to see what key it's set to. The lowest C key has a value of 36, while the highest C key has a value of 96. The factory default setting if 54, which corresponds to the F# key in the keyboard's second octave.

Now, as far as the reset, there are two types:

Backup Clear -- This is sometimes called a "factory reset," because it clears the keyboard's system memory and backup memory, thereby putting all settings back to their factory default values. As Biggles said, hold down the highest/rightmost white key (which on the PSR-E453 is a C) while turning on the keyboard. You can release the key when you see a message saying that the keyboard is clearing its backup memory (which should come up right away). Be aware that this operation will delete any User Song recordings, Registration setups, and User Styles (styles 221 to 230) from the keyboard.

Flash Clear -- This clears the keyboard's flash memory, which is comparable to a computer's internal hard drive. To clear the flash memory, hold down the highest/rightmost white key, along with the three highest/rightmost black keys (on the PSR-E453 these would be F#, G#, A#, and C), while turning on the keyboard. You can release the keys when you see a message saying that the keyboard is clearing its flash memory. Be aware that this operation will delete any song files and style files that you had transferred to the keyboard's internal memory from a Windows PC using the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader, or from an iPad/iPhone/iPod touch using the Yamaha MusicSoft Manager.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Lynda
Are you pressing the sync button on?
Also do you have a OTS button?
Auto Fill button?
These could be simple solutions before going to unnecessary re-set.
But the Sync "on" or Sync "start" could do the trick.
Experiment with the buttons.
Good luck
Ray

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Normally the "Backup Clear" is the one you want to try-- as a last resort-- if your keyboard starts to act wonky.

But I once saw a thread in a forum where someone was having a problem that didn't go away until they did the "Flash Clear" as well. The only reason I could think of as to why that should be was that there must have been a song file or style file in the keyboard's internal storage which contained some MIDI messages or data that the keyboard couldn't handle, such that whenever the person chose that song or style-- or even just scrolled past it on the screen, since the keyboard preloads the voices and other settings when you scroll to a song or style-- it was causing the keyboard to exhibit the problematic behavior all over again.

So, if you can't figure out and correct the specific reason(s) why your keyboard is acting wonky, try a "Backup Clear" as a last resort. And if that doesn't solve the problem, try a "Flash Clear" as well.

Reaction score
Welcome

2. Press and hold down the rightmost white key (C) while turning ON the keyboard.
  3. Once the power is ON, release the key. The keyboard will reinitialize the System Setup to the original factory settings.
After doing it, I loaded styles via USB to it. The style shows but I don't play

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Can you tell us what the name of the style file is and where you got it from? Is it one we can obtain so we can look at how it's structured and what sections and voices it uses?

Reaction score
Welcome

Psr Yamaha 463 how to resetting factory

Reaction score
Check the Troubleshooting section of the Manual.

If the answer is not there then I can suggest is that you follow the advice previously given.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
There are two types of "resets":

System reset (or "backup clear") -- Turn off the keyboard and leave it off for several seconds. Press, and keep holding down, the white key at the far right end of the keyboard; on a 61-key model this is a C, while on a 76-key model it is a G, as shown in the illustrations on page 49 of the Owner's Manual. Turn the keyboard back on while continuing to hold down the rightmost white key. You can release the key once the keyboard is on and the display indicates that the reset is in progress. This clears all settings which are remembered even when the keyboard is turned off, putting them back to their "factory default" values. It also clears all User Songs, User Styles, and User Samples! If there are any User Songs, User Styles, or User Samples that you want to keep, make sure you have them saved in a Backup File or User File before doing the system reset. However, any song files, style files, and other files that you've transferred to the keyboard's internal drive will be safe.

Memory reset (or "flash clear") -- Turn off the keyboard and leave it off for several seconds. Press, and keep holding down, the white key and three black keys at the far right of the keyboard; on a 61-key model these are F#, G#, A#, and C, while on a 76-key model they are C#, D#, F#, and G, as shown in the illustrations on page 49 of the Owner's Manual. Turn the keyboard back on while continuing to hold down the rightmost white and black keys. You can release the keys once the keyboard is on and the display indicates that the reset is in progress. This clears all song files, style files, and other files that you've transferred to the keyboard's internal drive! If there are any files that you want to keep, make sure you have copies of them on your computer or USB flash drives before doing the memory reset. However, the system backup, User Songs, User Songs, and User Samples will be safe.

Normally you will need to perform only one of these reset operations, which one depending on whether you want to clear the system backup memory or the internal storage memory. However, in rare cases it might be necessary to perform both operations, one after the other, to do a complete factory reset.

Note that if you reset the system backup memory to restore the factory default settings, but then you restore a Backup File or User File, you are potentially restoring whatever "bad" setting(s) and keyboard issue(s) you were trying to correct in the first place.

Reaction score
My psr E453 keeps showing <update> and the song button is blinking. I have tried resetting but it's not not working

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
@Kunmi, have you tried the procedure that worked for @Gaspard?

Turn off the keyboard and wait 15 seconds to be sure all residual current has stopped flowing.
Press and hold down the Memory button.
While holding down the Memory button, turn the keyboard on.

At least, I think that is what @Gaspard did. See the following thread:

Reaction score
Welcome

How about my psrE453 (update) only display on screen how to fix it? Pls help me

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
How about my psrE453 (update) only display on screen how to fix it? Pls help me

See the following post in another thread and try the procedure that worked for that person:

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you might need to take the keyboard to a service technician.

Reaction score
See the following post in another thread and try the procedure that worked for that person:

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you might need to take the keyboard to a service technician.
Sad to say It doesn't work

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Then it will probably be necessary to take the keyboard to a Yamaha repair shop. I don't know anything about this error, but it seems to be coming up a lot with the newer PSR-E models, which is troubling. If you just bought the keyboard and it's still under warranty, I'd recommend returning it for a refund, replacement, or repair.

Reaction score
Then it will probably be necessary to take the keyboard to a Yamaha repair shop. I don't know anything about this error, but it seems to be coming up a lot with the newer PSR-E models, which is troubling. If you just bought the keyboard and it's still under warranty, I'd recommend returning it for a refund, replacement, or repair.
The problem I bought this keyboard from the friend of mind and this is good when I got from them.
I think the reason of this is I've been save some style from flash drive, and maybe my flash drive have some virus or some files that can make my keyboard update.

Ask a Question