Yamaha psr E463

Reaction score
Style file is are transfer(loading) properlly in yamaha prs E463 but their is ni sound.also check style volume it's 100 but no changr please help me

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think this sounds like what happens if you try to use a "SSF2" style file with the keyboard.

Yamaha style files come in two main types-- "SFF1" and "SFF2." The "SFF1" or "Style File Format 1" type, also known as simply "SFF," doesn't have all of the features and data bytes of the "SFF2" or "Style File Format 2" type, which is also known as "SFF GE" or "Style File Format Guitar Edition" (because, as I understand it, the additional data bytes are for parameters related to the guitar portion of the style).

Some Yamaha models can use either type of style file, but the PSR-E models can use only the "SFF1" type.

Fortunately, there is a free utility called "Style Format 2 Converter" by a gentleman named Jørgen Sørensen, who also has a number of other free utilities for working with Yamaha style files, as well as MIDI song files which are tailored for Yamaha keyboards. You can find his "Style Format 2 Converter" utility at the first link below, but I do recommend checking the other utilities at the second link as well.

Note that style files which were originally tailored for a specific series of Yamaha keyboards might need to be "revoiced" for your particular PSR-E model after they've been converted from "SFF2" to "SFF1." In some cases you might also need to remove and/or rearrange some of the sections and variations of the style. You can read about these issues in other threads in our forums, as this issue comes up from time to time and has been discussed in some detail before.

Please let us know the outcome of converting those style files as suggested. :)

Reaction score
My keyboard is Yamaha PSR- e463. I connect usb with some sty files. But they are not working. No sound . What can I do ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Please see my response above to the previous post about this issue. Let us know whether or not this helps.

Reaction score
I have some beat on my phone which I want to convert into style to be play on my keyboard Yamaha psr e463...please how will I do that

Ask a Question