Yamaha psr-i455 placement

Reaction score
I have yamaha psr-i455.please suggest me if i should place it on a stand permantly. Will keeping it on a stand affect it?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "permanently."

Yamaha makes a keyboard stand (L-2C or L3C) that's designed to be bolted onto the PSR-E and PSR-I models (but apparently not the PSR-EW models). But although you bolt it onto the bottom of the keyboard, you can unbolt it later if you wish, so it isn't "permanent" in the sense of being irremovable. It will hold your PSR-I455 securely, and it shouldn't be difficult to move the keyboard around a room while it's bolted onto the stand, but you'd want to unbolt the stand if you need to transport the keyboard.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually keeping a keyboard on a stand is a good thing as it's usually during transport when they get damaged.

However, you should also immediately invest in a good dustcover for it.

Dust can work it's way into the keyswitches over time and cause them to fail.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Actually keeping a keyboard on a stand is a good thing as it's usually during transport when they get damaged.

However, you should also immediately invest in a good dustcover for it.

Dust can work it's way into the keyswitches over time and cause them to fail.

Gary ;)
I mean if I keep it 24*7 on the stand will the instrument be affected.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
No, the instrument will not be affected by keeping it on the stand all of the time.

But as Gary (happyrat1) said, you should also buy a dust cover. And you should keep it covered at all times, except when you are actively playing it.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Which keyboard stand are you going to get? As I said, I use a couple of double-X stands. But I might switch to a Z stand for my PSR-EW400. And I've thought about getting some L3C stands for my YPT and PSR-E models, so if you get one of those I'd be interested in hearing a report back on how you like it. :)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Which brand and model number of X stand are you using? Some X stands are notorious for failing and collapsing due to the way they're designed, while others are more secure in their design. Of course, the weight of the keyboard can be a factor, and I believe the PSR-I455 is reasonably lightweight as keyboards go. One thing I like about the Casio ARDX stand is that it has a bar going across from one side to the other.

Reaction score
Which brand and model number of X stand are you using? Some X stands are notorious for failing and collapsing due to the way they're designed, while others are more secure in their design. Of course, the weight of the keyboard can be a factor, and I believe the PSR-I455 is reasonably lightweight as keyboards go. One thing I like about the Casio ARDX stand is that it has a bar going across from one side to the other.
Actually I don't know the model number but the brand Is dolphin

Reaction score
Sir, i want some more help. I want to record my performance as MP3 or.wav in USB drive. Please help me with it.

Reaction score
This precisely why I do not like Yamaha keyboards.

Page 28 of the manual describes recording, the song is then saved to one of the ten available user banks for playback on the keyboard.

Nowhere does it say how to output it.

So I would say output the audio to a standalone recorder.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
You can't record a WAV or MP3 file directly to an attached USB flash drive on the PSR-I455 or any of the PSR-E models, with the exception of the PSR-E463 and PSR-EW410 coming out in another couple of months.

If you have a computer, laptop, or tablet with an audio in jack-- LINE IN or AUX IN would be best because they'll be stereo; otherwise MIC, although that's likely to be mono (I think)-- then you can run an audio cable from the PSR-I455's audio out jack (PHONES/OUTPUT) to the audio in jack of your computer/laptop/tablet. (If you've got nothing but a phone, you might be able to use it as well, but it might not have an audio in jack.)

Then you should be able to record the audio output from the keyboard with a suitable computer program or app, such as a DAW, or Audacity, or some other software that's for recording audio.

Reaction score
You can't record a WAV or MP3 file directly to an attached USB flash drive on the PSR-I455 or any of the PSR-E models, with the exception of the PSR-E463 and PSR-EW410 coming out in another couple of months.

If you have a computer, laptop, or tablet with an audio in jack-- LINE IN or AUX IN would be best because they'll be stereo; otherwise MIC, although that's likely to be mono (I think)-- then you can run an audio cable from the PSR-I455's audio out jack (PHONES/OUTPUT) to the audio in jack of your computer/laptop/tablet. (If you've got nothing but a phone, you might be able to use it as well, but it might not have an audio in jack.)

Then you should be able to record the audio output from the keyboard with a suitable computer program or app, such as a DAW, or Audacity, or some other software that's for recording audio.
Thanks a lot for your reply sir

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If you have a computer or laptop, you might consider getting a USB audio interface, as it should have a better sound card than what's in your computer. The one I got (after it was mentioned in this forum) is the Behringer UCA-222, which is very affordable at just $30. In fact, one of the reasons I decided to get it is because it comes with a free license to the Tracktion DAW, and that particular version of the DAW costs $30 if bought separately, so I thought it was a good bargain.

However, if you do get the Behringer UCA-222 then you'll also need to get a special TRS-to-RCA cable, since the Behringer takes a pair of cables (for the left and right audio channels) that have RCA plugs rather than a TRS plug. I recommend getting a shorter cable rather than a longer one, because longer unbalanced cables can pick up noise from interference.

Ask a Question