yamaha psr s500 not working.

Reaction score
my yamaha psr s500 has stopped working.
when i switch it on, it gets started.
then suddenly aftr 2 seconds gets fade away.
m nt able to judge whats the problem.
kindly help.

daily it gets started for 3 seconds then fades away & doesnot work.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like you should take it to a Yamaha service representative who is qualified to diagnose and repair the problem. Or, if you're comfortable trying to repair it yourself, or know someone who might be, you could download the service manual from ElektroTanya (http://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_psr-s500.pdf/download.html) and see if it helps you diagnose, isolate, and correct the problem. (Note that when you go to the ElektroTanya page, you must wait a minute or two for a blue "Get manual" link to appear in the bottom section of the page; it's just blue text-- or whatever color links are displayed in on your system/browser-- and is easy to miss if you don't already know to look for it.) Also, if you do try repairing it yourself then you might need to order replacement parts from Yamaha (https://www.yamaha24x7.com/YamahaOMS/BasePages/Login.aspx).

Reaction score
Thanx a lot sir.
I overcomed the problem.Thank god it was just a adaptor problem.
i bought a new adaptor for it.

but still i am facing a problem, i.e- the sound of keyboard has been reduced.
earlier it was a bit louder.
i now bought a 15v & 5A adaptor.
Can u plz suggest me how can i overcome it.?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Thank goodness it was just the adapter! :)

As for the sound, the only things that come to mind off the top of my head are that (1) you should make sure you're using the recommended type of adapter (i.e., as far as the power output), and (2) you might check to see if there are any EQ settings that can be changed.

Ask a Question