Yamaha PSR S500 Screen Issue?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently acquired a Yamaha PSR S500. When I turn it on sometimes the display appears straight away, starting with the Yamaha logo and then shows the menus. However sometimes the screen turns on but is just a blue screen and then after a while the menu screen appears. Either way once the menu appears it stays on with no issues. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks
Steve

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Does it have a brightness knob? Usually at the rear panel. Try tweaking it a few times to break up any dust which may have accumulated within overtime.
That model would be about 20 yrs old (at a guess).
R

Reaction score
It has a contrast dial on the back but I’ve turned it back and forth enough times that it should have cleared any dust. All the keys work instantly on switch on but it’s almost like the screen sometimes needs warm up time like an old amplifier

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Sorry Steve, you need a tech wiz to offer a solution. I ain't one.
Our resident Yamaha expert . . er. .happyrat is currently on leave or he may well be researching all things Yamaha as we speak.
When he returns here, he my well have your repair suggestion. Watch this space.
R

Reaction score
Thanks, fingers crossed it’s something that can be easily fixed. I can find lots of how to fix other screen issues (like the half display, half blue screen issue and blue screen of death) but nothing about a blue screen when the keys are still working that then comes on. Thanks

Ask a Question