Yamaha PSR S500 versus MM6

Reaction score
these two are in my price range to get for my kids. They have a nord electro 2, so I wanted to get them something to add workstation/synth type of deal with strings/horns, ect to use with the nord. Which one would you pick?
Thanks.

Reaction score
these two are in my price range to get for my kids. They have a nord electro 2, so I wanted to get them something to add workstation/synth type of deal with strings/horns, ect to use with the nord. Which one would you pick?
Thanks.

Do they record on a computer?

My money is on the MM6 (personally I'd go with a Juno-D though, I prefer the sounds). The MM6 is more of a synth/sound generator, while the PSRS500 is an arranger keyboard with a built in sequencer for creating the "one man band" type of sound.

Reaction score
Thanks. They record with a 12 track (I think Boss) digital recorder. They have not gotten into using the computer for recording although that is an option.

Reaction score
S500 is a entry level "full" arranger (has 4 variations, more styles, more options unlike the lower PSR series), and the MM6 is not a full workstation, and not a full arranger

In my opinion... it's a total miss from yamaha... I don't know what were they aiming at with that model.

So i'd go for the s500

Reaction score
Thanks, anyone want to cast the deciding vote? LOL
So far I like the argument for the S500 better although I am a guitar player and have zero knowledge.

Reaction score
I think I'd think about what they want to add to the arsenal. The MM6 really is just for sounds.

The PSRS500 has drumbeat (styles), and allows you to record arrangements, etc., as well as giving you a decent range of sounds.

So they're kind of two different beasts.

Ask a Question