Yamaha PSR295 vs Yamaha F51

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am just starting to learn Piano. For that, I am buying a Yamaha Piano. I am confused between these both variants :

Yamaha PSR295 --- 7000 Indian Rupees
Yamaha F51 ---- 6000 Indian Rupees.

I am a complete noob in terms of Piano, with no ear.. :-D . The difference in terms of costs is not that much between these 2. Which one should I go for?
I am interested in basic melody playing, cover songs, having fun, nothing professional, I work full time, and happy with my job. :)
Thank you.

Regards,
Akshay S

Reaction score
Welcome

Are these new or second hand?

Both would seem to be low end instruments given that a Yamaha PSR i500 is 22000 Rupees or about £250 which even then is not a lot for what is a starter keyboard.

The F51 is the entry point keyboard and in reality is a very cheap unit.

I would suggest spending more and buying a top of the ranger starter keyboard that has the inbuilt Indian Styles if indeed that is the type that you want to play.

Hence I suggest you consider the Yamaha PSR i500

Or

A Casio CT X model, there are three to choose

Reaction score
Welcome

Are these new or second hand?

Both would seem to be low end instruments given that a Yamaha PSR i500 is 22000 Rupees or about £250 which even then is not a lot for what is a starter keyboard.

The F51 is the entry point keyboard and in reality is a very cheap unit.

I would suggest spending more and buying a top of the ranger starter keyboard that has the inbuilt Indian Styles if indeed that is the type that you want to play.

Hence I suggest you consider the Yamaha PSR i500

Or

A Casio CT X model, there are three to choose

I500 is very costly for me..... Can u recommend one of these 2. Both are new btw. :)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The PSR-F51 is not velocity sensitive, or what Yamaha calls touch sensitive, and I don't think it has a song recorder or registrations. The PSR-295 is an older model, but it has touch sensitivity, a song recorder, and registrations-- so despite being a much older model than the PSR-F51, it's a much better keyboard.

Ask a Question