Yamaha S90Es and distortion

Reaction score
Hi all. I own a Yamaha S90ES for about three years now and ever since I've owned it, if I put the volume slider past 6-7 the output starts to distort. This is consistent on all patches. I talked to one other owner of the same board and he said he had the same problem... it's like the boards were just made too hot. My question: is this a consistent problem with all of these boards, and do you know of any 'fix'? thanks!

Reaction score
I am using the 'standard' Left/Right output on rear of the board. I've ruled out my amp as it occurs with any amp. I also believe it occurs when using the headphones but haven't used them recently so can't say for sure. Will try them tonight.

Reaction score
I have the same board, and i don't have that problem at all. I believe there is an internal volume somewhere within utilities that could probably cause that problem. also try pressing the effect bypass button. sometimes if you mix some of the effects it can get some messed up results. there is also a way to reset everything back to factory presets. that may be a last resort.

Ask a Question