Yamaha sequencer to daw help ?

Reaction score
hey all,hoping you can help me out , i am trying to record a song from my yamaha sequencer over to mixcraft on my pc, im going from the stereo headphone socket on the keyboard to the pc, there is a lot of noise! through the headphones when its all set up and ready tp press record, can anyone give me any tips on eliminating this noise please ?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What I did when using the PHONES/OUT jack to record the audio was to buy an inexpensive USB audio interface-- in my case, the Behringer U-Control UCA222. Or you can buy a more expensive USB audio interface if you need more connectors. With the Behringer that I bought, I had to buy a special audio cable to go from the keyboard to the audio interface-- a 1/4" TRS to Dual RCA cable. Then the audio interface connects to the computer via USB. This doesn't eliminate all line noise, but it reduces it greatly.

However, many of the newer Yamaha models have built-in USB audio, so you can send and receive audio over the USB connection without needing an external USB audio interface.

Ask a Question