Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver failing to recognize my P-45

Reaction score
Hello!
This may not be the appropriate forum to discuss this, but I've honestly been losing my mind with this problem for 2 whole days
I have a Yamaha P-45, and I installed the USB Midi Driver (it's working great in a DAW I'm using), but when I installed the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver, where I would like to record the audio of my digital piano, is just not recognizing my digital piano's existence (as you can see in the screenshot there). I have a good cable and not too long either, when using a MIDI everything is working fine, but for some reason this is the only thing that's just not clicking. I've tried different versions of the driver, turning my laptop on and off, removing all other external USB devices, but my digital piano is still not showing up, and I honestly have no idea what to do anymore
I simply just want to record my piano playing for having my family and friends listen, but doing so through MIDI, I need a VST, which is not the natural sound of the P-45, but I love the natural sound that it has, so I don't know what to do anymore
If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate a lot lot. Thank you very much for reading this rant pretty much xD. Have a great rest of your day!
Screenshot 2021-12-24 193613.png

Reaction score
It could be that your OS, does not support the driver.
Try and see if you can download the latest version from Steinberg.

There Helpdesk can help out as well.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The P-45 doesn't transmit audio over USB, so the Steinberg driver won't work with it; it uses the normal Yamaha USB driver. If you want to record the audio, you need a TRS audio cable from the keyboard to the computer.

Reaction score
The P-45 doesn't transmit audio over USB, so the Steinberg driver won't work with it; it uses the normal Yamaha USB driver. If you want to record the audio, you need a TRS audio cable from the keyboard to the computer.
I see, I had a hunch that this would be the case
I will consider getting a TRS cable, thank you very much for the info!

Ask a Question