Yamaha SY35 + Win7 (64bit) + Sibelius First. How to connect?

Reaction score
As the subject says, I have a Yamaha SY35 keyboard. Just the keyboard--No power adapter, cables, pedal, manual, specs, etc. I want to connect it to my PC, and use it to input/output to the "Sibelius First" program.

I obviously can pick up a 10V-12V power adapter. Anything else about the adapter I should know, before I simply order one online?

Also, I'm unclear as to what else I need to make this work. I've found midi-to-USB cables online, but most of them have an "in" and an "out" connector. My keyboard also has a "thru" connection. What is this for?

Can anyone help me out with some detailed information? Many thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 433

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Be careful when you order the adapter. Often keyboard adapters are regulated power supplies.

Smartest thing to do is look up and order the original Yamaha part.

As for the MIDI Thru you can safely ignore that. It's basically for more complicated MIDI setups.

Gary

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
As Gary said, you can just ignore the MIDI Thru. As far as what it's for, it lets you connect two or more MIDI devices together in sequence ("daisy chained"), so that the second device can receive the same MIDI signals as the first device-- i.e., the first device receives MIDI signals via its MIDI In port and, if desired, can pass them along unchanged via its MIDI Thru port to the second device's MIDI In port.

Ask a Question