Yamaha USB-to-Host on Piaggero np12 stopped connecting

Reaction score
Hi there,

A disclaimer before I discuss my problem:
- I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling different drivers from the correct websites (I tried the 64 bit Yamaha midi driver(error:25001) and the 32-bit JIC but neither worked
- I have also tried different cables (purchasing a new one)
- I have tried connecting the keyboard to different computers
- I have tried using different USB ports on my PC (Yes, I made sure it was USB 2.0's)
- I have reset the keyboard itself several times
- I have uninstalled USB ports from device manager and rebooting PC in various manners (except reset and keep data)

So, up until 28th June, my Piaggero NP12 had no issues connecting to my 64-bit PC via the USB-to-Host cable and this had been working for several months and even after I upgraded my PC, changing the motherboard and CPU and it still worked. On the 28th it stopped connecting, the PC stopped recognising the keyboard even being connected. I tried different USB ports and also the fixes that I've mentioned at the start and currently, I am lost as for what to do.

In Device Manager, I did see 'Piaggero' present under the "Sound, video and game controllers" category when I chose to show hidden devices but uninstalled to see if it would reinstall upon reboot, which did not happen.

I no longer own the original USB-to-Host cable that I used as we preemptively discarded it.

The suspected problems may be the USB port on the NP12 being broken or there may have been an update to windows on the 28th that messed everything up as on the 27th the connections were fine.

If needed, my PC specs are:
Intel Core i5-10400F
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
EVGA GTX 980 Ti
MPG Z7490 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C75)

Thanks in advance.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Proprietary driver broken by a Windows Update. It happens almost every day.

Solution is to pray that Yamaha hasn't ended support for your board and will eventually post a bug fixed version.

This issue almost never arises with most other brands.

With Yamahas we see someone like you in here about twice a month. ;)

I leave the hacking and workarounds to the other Yamaha owners in the forum.

Prepare for an ordeal. :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question