Yamaha YPG-535 or Other Medium Weighted Key Keyboard

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a Yamaha Clavinova that I have been playing for over 20 years. It has weighted keys like a real piano. As I am getting older I am getting arthritis in my hands. It is getting harder for me to play the piano with the weighted keys. I was in the Guitar Center with a friend and I tried a Yamaha YPG-535 and I really like it but I would like other suggestions. Does anyone know of any other keyboards that have medium weight or graded soft-touch keys that I should look into also.

I am a Music Therapist and I mainly use the guitar when I do that. I would like to start gigging at some restaurants and bars for lunch and happy hour also. I will be doing this in a duo. I would like the keyboard to be about the same weight (or lighter) as the YPG-535 which is 24 pounds.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Welcome
If I assume that you want built in amp and speakers then check out the Roland BK9 its 21 lbs in weight but only has 76 keys.

If you want 88 keys then again another Roland model to check out is both the 61 and 88 key versions of the Juno DS, but you will need to add an amp or powered speakers.

For something really light weight Korg Kross 2 61 keys and less than 10lbs, again you will need an amp ir powered speakers.

Sorry I cannot advise on digital pianos, they are of little interest to me.

Ask a Question