Yamaha YPG-535 vs. Cascio CDP-100

Reaction score
Hey you guys and gals. This will be my first post, so bare with me. Im just starting out to play the keyboard, and am planning to buy one very soon for Christmas. My budget is 500 dollars and under, and these are two that I found. I tried watching videos on them, and the Yamaha seemed to have alot more features, but in terms of sound quality, which would you go for? Im kind of stuck between the two. I dont know which one to get. If anyone could please help me out, it'd be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Sean

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You're member #800. [crowd cheers]

From what I remember of my visit at a local shop, both sounded comparable and pretty good, which I admit probably doesn't help you a whole lot.

Personally, I'd probably go with the YPG-535, figuring I'd end up wishing I would have spent the extra $100 for the extra features. Some of the features are geared toward helping a person learn how to play, which you might find useful.

One thing to double-check whether the YPG-535 includes a power adapter. From what I was told by the store manager, Yamaha thinks people in the US don't care so much about plugging in keyboards, so they don't include power adapters with many of the keyboards sold in the US. He couldn't figure that out, especially since everywhere else in the world the power adapter is included. So, he included adapters with all Yamaha keyboards at no extra charge.

If you are buying from Guitar Center, it'd probably be worth going over budget $30 for the "YPG-535 package."

Reaction score
thanks alot man. i really appreciate the help. i personally have played the Yamaha, but not the Cascio. I have yet to go try out the two. Thanks.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You're member #800. [crowd cheers]

From what I remember of my visit at a local shop, both sounded comparable and pretty good, which I admit probably doesn't help you a whole lot.

Personally, I'd probably go with the YPG-535, figuring I'd end up wishing I would have spent the extra $100 for the extra features. Some of the features are geared toward helping a person learn how to play, which you might find useful.

One thing to double-check whether the YPG-535 includes a power adapter. From what I was told by the store manager, Yamaha thinks people in the US don't care so much about plugging in keyboards, so they don't include power adapters with many of the keyboards sold in the US. He couldn't figure that out, especially since everywhere else in the world the power adapter is included. So, he included adapters with all Yamaha keyboards at no extra charge.

If you are buying from Guitar Center, it'd probably be worth going over budget $30 for the "YPG-535 package."

i had another question, do you know if any of the two keyboards are capable of plugging into external speakers for bigger sound?

Reaction score
hi there...

I haven't tried any of them but here's my opinion...

You get sounds with the yamaha (+ the styles are in there so you can jam home with them), BUT if i'm not wrong, Yamaha doesn't have hammer action keys on that model, and Casio does.

So if you're into piano practicing and don't need the rest of the stuff... i'd have to go with the Casio Privia.

Reaction score
hi there...

I haven't tried any of them but here's my opinion...

You get sounds with the yamaha (+ the styles are in there so you can jam home with them), BUT if i'm not wrong, Yamaha doesn't have hammer action keys on that model, and Casio does.

So if you're into piano practicing and don't need the rest of the stuff... i'd have to go with the Casio Privia.

ok. thanks for the advice. im probably going to Guitar Center to try them both out, to see which one best suits me. but do you know if you can plug them into external speakers?

Reaction score
ok. thanks for the advice. im probably going to Guitar Center to try them both out, to see which one best suits me. but do you know if you can plug them into external speakers?

There is always a way to do that. :D

Either they have L-mono/R outputs or you just use the headphones (one jack-stereo) output. So don't worry

Ask a Question