Yamaha YPG-625 Modifications

Reaction score
Being new to digital keyboards, I am curious about 2 possible modifications. (1) Can the factory sustain pedal (which is either off or on) be replaced with a variable-effect pedal? (2) Can the keyboard be wired to external speakers, thus bypassing the built-in speakers in an effort to get higher quality fidelity?

Thank you so much.

Reaction score
If it has stereo aux you can connect any ( powered) sound system you like
Sustain is a switch pedal , not for other things

Reaction score
I didn't know if there might be a third-party sustain pedal with variable sustain.

Reaction score
I'm a little late to this discussion, but it looks like the speakers should be automatically disabled when you plug anything in to the phones/output jack. As for the expression pedal, I'm not sure if it's an option for you, but if you have another device like a sound module or a second keyboard that has an expression pedal input, you could link it to your YPG-625 if the MIDI/USB connections allow. It's a lot of faff for a simple pedal hookup, but it might work.

Ask a Question