Yamaha YPG-635

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha YPG-635 that has suddenly stopped working. Power comes on but a rumbling noise comes out of the speakers (nothing happens when you hit the keys) and the LCD lights up but shows nothing. I took it apart and don't see any obvious dirty or loose connections. Any ideas? I guess I could try to replace the LCD but I would hate to spend 150 bucks and have that still not fix the problem.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The LCD shouldn't stop the keys from playing, so if playing on the keys no longer produces any sounds, there must be something basic-- that is, central to the operation of the keyboard-- that's failed in the circuitry. Note that I am not a service technician and have no education or experience with electronics, so I'm merely stating an opinion, not giving any sort of diagnosis.

The best option would be to take it to a certified service technician for diagnosis and repair.

Ask a Question